Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Favorite: Pepper

If any of you have watched my most recent video showing the damage of hurricane Irene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7p_aH1pY5o you might have seen the special little pest who popped up in the backround for her 5 seconds of fame. It was my cat Pepper, so I thought what better than to feature her as my Friday Favorite. A few months after my cat Misty had passed away me and my family decided to visit a local shelter to adopt a new cat. When we went into the room where the cats were, there were so many I didn't know how we would choose. As I was walking around peering in the cages I felt something tickle my leg. I looked down and saw a paw sticking out of the lower cage trying to grab at my leg. I looked down and saw an adorable grey and white kitten. As i continued to walk around looking, she would reach for my leg each time I passed by. I took her out of the cage and cuddled her little fury body close to my chest, she purred loud as could be and reached up and touched my face with her paw. By that point I was in love and there was no turning back, so the next day instead of going to school I was bringing home a cute little kitten.
My family told me I could name her since I had been the one to discover her I decided to name her Salt & Pepper since she was grey and white. But we eventually shortened her name to Pepper. She was a very playful kitten and had a large head. Funny thing is as her body grew her head never grew and now amongst my friends I'm known to have a cat with a little head. She is extremely cuddly but at the same time a fiesty little thing. Her and my other cat are like two peas in a pod where as SHE beats up my dog. I love her alot and she is definatley my favorite little grey and white cat.
Desil on the left (my other cat) and Pepper on the right
The kitty with the little head

1 comment:

  1. Those kitties look so cute!
    I followed!
    Would you please check out my blog? I would love it if you would follow back!

    http://beautygonewild.blogspot.com

    ~xoxo Maddie♥

    ReplyDelete